May 07, 2007

moonlighting, baby!

Today I officially became a freelance writer! I accepted a position as 451Press.com's Nashville City writer. This is so part-time, and it's not like I'm giving up my day job or anything. Though hopefully one day, that would be the plan.

Thanks to Ivy and Brittney for pimping the call for writers on NiT where I read about it and thought, 'hmm...'

That hmm... became additional income. Score!

Therefore, posting at For the Love may be lighter in the coming weeks as I get used to my new required writing schedule at 451. If you miss me though, come on by and visit me at my new paying gig! I'd love to have ya. The more traffic, the more commission baby.

I'll post the link to my site once there is posting to be read. Right now it's a little....bare.

7 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Ivy said...

congrats! I hope you love it!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Lynnster said...

Congratulations, Emily! How exciting for you! :)

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger hwy said...

I am SO jealous, and SO proud of you! Maybe I'll be a real writer someday, too! You deserve it.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Daughter, THE Writer! How proud can a father be???? Of course I knew she had it in her all along.

--the guy in the tree--

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous john h said...

kudos..you deserve it. Hope it goes swimmingly and that someday you can quit your day job.

I knew I spotted talent the first time I read your blog. Maybe now that you're big-time, you'll change to Wordpress.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Emily said...

maybe - my new blog is on Wordpress, so I'm learning. But I gotta say, so far I'm not a fan of it. Especially when it comes to pics. But I'll get more used to it, I'm sure.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Congrats...I appplied and got accepted a couple of weeks ago but have heard nothing back. I sent them all the info they required after making sure they were on the up and up...

I better e-mail them and find out what's up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home