August 30, 2007

what do you mean you don't understand? I said it in plain Spanish...

I have one of those page-a-day desk calanders. It is called Living Language/Spanish, and it teaches me a spanish word and phrase-a-day. I've noticed a trend over the last 8 months that I'd like to impart.

Ya casi no existen pizarras negras.

No se? Let me translate: "There are almost no black blackboards left."

Umm... really? And not "really?" in response to the above statement, but "really?" in response to: Are you seriously wasting a 4x4 piece of paper on a phrase I will NEVER USE?

This is not an isolated incident either. Notice that earlier I used the word, "trend".

I want my money back.

9 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Sid said...

Yeah, I've got one of those Page-A-Day calendars too. Mine is for Worst Case Scenarios and one day it outlined how to foil an alien obduction. It told me to control my thoughts because they might be able to read my mind and it told me to firmly tell the alien to leave me alone. In other words, ya casi no existen pizarras negras.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous john h said...

Quisiera oler su pizarra negra.

much more useful..

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Emily said...

No comprendo Juan...

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Michael said...

El toro es en el patio....LOL

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous malia said...

@Michael: I certainly hope not, she hasn't even moved in yet!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Ellyn said...

If you are wanting to waste money on learning Spanish...I will have Chelsea post a word/phrase a day on your blog. She fluent by the way...been learning Spanish since she was 6. You can pay her bi-weekly....

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger t sanders said...

I think that talking about blackboards is a great conversation starter. We could have really used that a month ago.

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

?que hora es?

---Pa---

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hay tres arboles en mi patio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home