Skip to main content

Boo is 2 and 1 Month!

Have you ever spent an hour typing a new post, and then blogger "loses" it before it publishes?

So yes, it's been a whole month to the day since I last posted. "Shout out" to all you kind folks who have been begging for my return :)

Here's a quick run down of some new and exciting developments, with a bonus feature of 6 weird things about me. Purely by request of course. Ellyn, my cousin, tagged me. I don't think I would just decide to post six weird things about myself out of no where. I'm not that bored. Or weird.

So in keeping with the 'list' theme, I will just list what I've been up to, and maybe a few random observations.

1. My church is planning a mission trip to Panama next summer. I am so there.
2. I will be taking Spanish at the Nashville School of Preaching next semester. It is free! Last time I was in Honduras I had a lot of fun learning bits of the language. I decided I would learn more if I ever went back to a spanish speaking country.
3. I didn't get into the photography class that I needed next semester, so I'm going to take an open lab for black and white darkroom. I'll get to print as much as I want of whatever I want. Rock on!
4. I'm going to be teaching a Korean woman English using the Friendspeak ESL program. It's like LST (Let's Start Talking) - we use scripture as the reading tool for learning a new language.
5. At work we've lost 3 people, have already replaced 2, and the 3rd will start on Monday. I try NOT to post about work for various reasons, but this has had a significant impact on my work load and has been a major reason why I have not had the time or energy to post lately. I thrive on change, so this has really been a blessing in disguise. And there is light at the end of this tunnel! Work is hard. Life is short. God is good.
6. Random observation 1: Edwin Warner Park is the Labrynth of Nashville. Every time I go there I get lost. I haven't found David Bowie yet, but the trolls have been very helpful.
7. Random observation 2: Saturday morning cartoons have changed since I was a child. Where are the smurfs? Now we have clowns singing 'dance to the beat of your heart'. What does that mean??

On to my weirdness.

1. I can put my tongue in my nose. This mesmerizes small children and is suspectedly the #1 reason why I am still single.
2. I like movies like Bring it On and She's the Man.
3. I, like Ellyn, talk to myself. Out loud. All the time. Conversationally. I hope that by next spring I will be having these talks in Spanish. I can ask myself a question, give myself advice, give myself options, weigh the pros and cons, make a decision, talk myself out of that decision, and then come up with a completely different solution. I don't charge as much as I should either.
4. I like tornados and inclement weather. This may be due to a lack of drama in my otherwise common and quiet life. Or maybe I'm just sick.
5. I just noticed that all of these start with 'I'. I'm pretty observant like that.
6. I'm a slave to the beat.
7. I can't do things in sixes.

I've never been tagged before, but I think now I'm supposed to tag someone else. Only problem is, the only people who read this have already been tagged, except my mother and she doesn't have a blog. So if you're reading this and you have a blog, and you haven't been tagged yet, then consider yourself tagged...'n stuff. I'm just dying to hear about 6 things that are weird about you. Really. I am.

Ok, well I'm off to Edwin Warner Park again. I WILL master this trail of tears yet. Does anyone have a GPS I can borrow??

Comments

Lisa said…
Good to have you back! One of these days, I'm going to make Malia arrange a meeting with you. You are too funny! I enjoy reading your posts; even though I don't know you, I feel as though I do!

I used to speak spanish pretty well, but I haven't since my second year of college or so, so I'm terribly out of practice. But I keep thinking it would be really neat to be able to speak it well again. I'd love to go to Honduras with a group from my church in the future. Maybe I should brush up on the language skills first.

What show are the dancing clowns from?

I don't believe your tongue-in-nose trick will scare off the right guy. He'll be around soon. :)
Emily Gray said…
Lisa, I would love to meet you too!

I don't know what the dancing clowns show was, but I don't think I approve of it.
Malia said…
I think the clowns you're referring too are The Big Comfy Couch on PBS. Sweetpea and Boo love that show!
Ellyn said…
nicely done em. nicely done!

Popular posts from this blog

no pressure over capuccino

This morning, my iPod played this song for me. My iPod has been playing this for me quite frequently. Weird considering it's on 'shuffle'. For some reason, my iPod likes this song. For some reason, I like this song. I have a special affinity for songs that reference Jesus and the Bible written by people who don't profess to be Christians (another great one is Dave Matthews' "A Christmas Song"). It's always interesting to see these figures from a secular point of view. I googled the lyrics this morning, because Alanis is Canadian :-p Some of the most important words were not what I previously thought they were. And now I like it even more. Disclaimer: I don't pretend to understand this song completely (especially the origin of the title), but I really like that it makes me think. Any intuitive comments about the meaning of this song will be rewarded with great awe. Side note: all the "90's" references, I think, are meant to convey &qu

my very second blogger meet-up

I was remiss in posting about my very first blogger meet-up, which was over the Christmas holiday. Somehow, the stars aligned, and my sister & I (who live in Nashville) were able to meet Lisa (who lives in VA) and her family, in Florida. Nothin' like the comforts of common territory when meeting those all-elusive 'internet' friends for the first time. Lisa's dad is also a blogger, and the night before we all met, I happened to see a comment of his on my preacher's blog . Additionally, for the first time that night, I noticed that Lisa has blogrolled a friend of mine from college who I didn't even know had a blog. We can play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon later. I need to get back to my post here... But before I do, I want to say thanks to Lisa & her family for being my very first blogger meet-up! It was fun. But more than that, it brought a sense of satisfaction that this thing we all do called 'blogging' is not just a hobby, or a hope for recognition

a call for linkage

Warning: I'm about to be shameless. So a lot of you know that I write for another site called About Nashville hosted by 451Press.com. My editors are running a contest for their current writers that will pay $500 to the writer that can get the most incoming links during the month of July. Every time someone you link this blog or this site from your blog or site, I become one link closer to the cash victory. What's in it for you? My undying appreciation, of course. Kidding. I will return the favor with a little link love of my own for ya. So let's get linking!! Mama needs a new pair of shoes is trying to buy her first house this year! UPDATE : if you do choose to participate, please leave a comment or send me an email so I will know about it. Right now, I'm not sure I know any other way to catch your link.