Skip to main content

a blog a day keeps john h. at bay or dear john h., this post's for you

Hey guys and gals! It's "Spotlight on Blogger" time!

If you've ever wanted a stalker a fan base of your very own, then start a blog and John H. will find you.

Cruising past 50, he and his wife have reared three kids and several dogs. He works for the state government and daily conspires to deflate bureacracy. Those last two sentences were completely plagiarized, by the way. "Hutchmo", they called him in a previous life, has been leaving messages on my blog since I began. At first I was like, who's this dirty old man who keeps leaving messages on my blog? And then I realized he was not dirty at all (well maybe a little) (and no I'm not discounting the old part either), but my guardian blog angel sent to encourage me through my blog-life. You see, when I first started this blog, it was pink. Just like my sister's. But John H reminded me that I was my own Blogger, and I didn't need to blog in the pink shadow of my older sister (MUCH older, I can hear him say...) (But I don't agree Malia, I promise!) So right then and there I changed the format of my blog. I like the red so much better anyways. From then on it was as if I was under his spell. He would comment, and I would ponder. He would make suggestions, and I would take action. Ok, yah - that was a little weird. Scratch that last part from the record.

It's been a regular request of John's that I post more often. I find this a little annoying, considering in my "coming out" post on 9/28/06, I distinctly warned my readers, and I quote myself, "I will not promise to post frequently. I will not promise to post anything you are interested in reading. I will not promise to say anything important. I will not promise anything short of this: I promise that what I say here was written by me because I wanted to write it, and I thought it should be said at the time I said it. for the love." End quote. But to his most recent request, I reply, "I will try to post once a day in the month of January to commemorate my favorite month, and also this new strange friendship-thing we seem to have."

There. Happy?

Get ready kids, the plot thickens. Now, seven months later, John H. has made a vow a new year's resolution. He says he's going to meet me. Gotta say, I was a little scared at first. But I figure it is bound to happen. Probably at the Mothership, but who knows. It's still too early to tell. One thing's fo sho, I'm gonna need my just-a-hair-older-sister as a chaperone, and my much older and wiser and larger and carries a rifle everywhere he goes brother-in-law to come with. They sure do love that Mothership BBQ after all!

So stop on by Salem's Lots (if you haven't already) and make a new friend in John H. Please. Help me.

Comments

Malia said…
Ha-ha!! Too funny :-D
John H said…
I'm afraid you must have me confused with another John H. I'm not NEARLY as obnoxious as the one you describe.

Actually, now that I think about it, this guy has been using my name for a while and has even occasionally posted a few REALLY stupid things on my blog. If you see the faux jh, please, please, tell Malia to wing him.

I, on the other hand, remain your fan.

PS. Thanks, I think...
Ellyn said…
Big sister's do carry a mean punch when need be....malia, bone up on your tae-bo moves!
Lynnster said…
John is awesome fun & a wonderful dinner partner! Do go, you will have a blast, and laugh a lot!!

Popular posts from this blog

no pressure over capuccino

This morning, my iPod played this song for me. My iPod has been playing this for me quite frequently. Weird considering it's on 'shuffle'. For some reason, my iPod likes this song. For some reason, I like this song. I have a special affinity for songs that reference Jesus and the Bible written by people who don't profess to be Christians (another great one is Dave Matthews' "A Christmas Song"). It's always interesting to see these figures from a secular point of view. I googled the lyrics this morning, because Alanis is Canadian :-p Some of the most important words were not what I previously thought they were. And now I like it even more. Disclaimer: I don't pretend to understand this song completely (especially the origin of the title), but I really like that it makes me think. Any intuitive comments about the meaning of this song will be rewarded with great awe. Side note: all the "90's" references, I think, are meant to convey &qu

my very second blogger meet-up

I was remiss in posting about my very first blogger meet-up, which was over the Christmas holiday. Somehow, the stars aligned, and my sister & I (who live in Nashville) were able to meet Lisa (who lives in VA) and her family, in Florida. Nothin' like the comforts of common territory when meeting those all-elusive 'internet' friends for the first time. Lisa's dad is also a blogger, and the night before we all met, I happened to see a comment of his on my preacher's blog . Additionally, for the first time that night, I noticed that Lisa has blogrolled a friend of mine from college who I didn't even know had a blog. We can play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon later. I need to get back to my post here... But before I do, I want to say thanks to Lisa & her family for being my very first blogger meet-up! It was fun. But more than that, it brought a sense of satisfaction that this thing we all do called 'blogging' is not just a hobby, or a hope for recognition

local Nashville girl turns 30...

...and the intersection of Murfreesboro Rd. and Thompson Ln. wins "No. 1 site for car accidents in Metro Nashville." Coincidence?? I think not. When something this great happens, everyone wants a piece of the action. Finally, the happiest day of the year has come. After a whole weekend of pre-party celebrating, my big day is here, and bigger than ever. I am thirty today. It's been a long road. I thirty year road. I worked hard to get here. Survived countless potential car accidents, dodged all possible life-threatening illnesses, and legions of unknown potential mortal hazards just to be here today. Not everyone can say that. I'm not even kidding actually. I feel really blessed to have made it this far; witnessing tragedy around me, but never really coming face to face with it. I'm not really sure why I get to lead such a charmed life while the world around seems to be crumbling. All I know is I'm thankful. Details to come on why this is the B-E-S-T birthday