February 23, 2007

worst friends E-V-E-R

Q: Wow, you ask for love, support, and a little creative-license, and what do you get?

A: Only the most humiliating confirmation from your truest of true friends that you are officially 'weird'.

Life Lesson Learned: never post a one-question survey where the answers from your greater readership will most assuredly determine and confirm your worst possible nightmare. No, I am not speaking of limb amputation this time. I am specifically referring to that common human thread which binds us all together in perfect insecurity: the dreaded, "am I weird?" question.

Yes. I am. And you know what? I embrace it. If preferring pancakes with no syrup throws me outside of the social breakfast circles of the world, then so be it.

I don't need your stinking approval anyways.

can't wait until tomorrow...I'm so in the mood for a good old-fashioned dry pancake. mmmm....
if anyone wants to partake, breakfast will be served at my place around 9am. BYOS. I think you know what I mean.

5 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Brian Nicklaus said...

you lost me at "breakfast cirlces"
I immediately thought "Breakfast Club"
and started humming, "Don't you....forget about me...."

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

aww ... we still love you even if you are a little weird. In my opinion, of what I've seen of you so far anyway, that's the only weird thing you have going for you. Don't we all need at least that ONE thing??

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger John H said...

when did weird start being, well, weird? i'm telling you, REAL maple syrup will make a new person out of you. On the other hand, some people do munch to the beat of a different drummer...

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

Ok, this SO made me want to eat pancakes this morning!! When I asked the hubby if he would make pancakes this morning he willingly said yes :) They were so yummy! We added dark chocolate chips to them - WAY YUM! Even though I do like to eat my pancakes with syrup I do agree that it is not necessary especially if the pancakes are warm and contain chocolate of some kind (I have never had M&M pancakes before!). So, since I do agree with you even though I do like syrup on my pancakes, am I your favorite cousin-in-law or what!? :)

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Malia said...

You almost had breakfast guests this morning! Be careful about issuing such invitations ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home