August 15, 2007

a whole post about not talking about it

So people keep asking me...

Where's the new house? When do you move in? Are you already there? Are you excited?

And it's difficult because here's the deal: I just don't want to talk about it right now. I'm still a little freaked about the M word. My loan is technically not approved through THDA yet. I don't close for another 2 weeks. I have 2 months to move in. I want to get excited, but I'm really just not letting myself right now. Basically because I can't do anything about it for another 2 weeks. I won't let myself buy any new furniture yet, because I can't put in in the house yet. I havn't gone paint shopping yet because I can't start painting until Labor Day weekend. I'm this close to getting a dog, but I won't until I'm settled in the new place.

I'm just kind of in limbo right now, and so I don't want to talk about it.

Fair enough?

But in 15 days...watch out.

There will be pictures.

And posts.

And shopping sprees on furniture and linens.

And a puppy. Who will inevitably pee on my carpet. In my new house.

And I'll want to talk about. And I may not stop talking about it. And you're going to love it.

And there will be Sunday lunches at my place.

Heck, I'll even let you buy me a housewarming present. Yah - seriously.

But until then... you know the deal.

5 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Michael said...

The initial stages of the process is unnerving.

The day you sign all the papers is also a bit overwhelming too....

At least the company I went through let me keep the pen...LOL

 
At 6:42 AM, Anonymous john h said...

whew...for a minute there, I thought you were gonna write about it!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Ellyn said...

puppy, furniture, linens, lunches....way to not talk about it or plan for it!

is it too early for a congrats?!!!

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous john h said...

uh..Em..time for a new post..all this dithering is not helping, you know.

chopchop

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Emily said...

oh, it's coming John... don't worry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home