Skip to main content

1290 of my favorite songs & counting

I have joined the ranks of ipod owners. I pod, you pod, we all pod. For Ipod. That doesn't even make sense.
It was fate really that brought us together. My ipod and I (myPod).
I had been thinking about getting one for several weeks. Finally one day, I went over to my sister's house with plans to prod my ipod-owning brother-in-law for ipod information while I was there. What's available to a consumer girl like me? How much should I spend? What should I expect it to do? Can I get one that does this, this, and that? Do I have to feed it?
All he needed to say was this, "do you want to buy mine? I just put it up on ebay, but I can take it down and give you the sister-in-law price". What's the sister-in-law price, and duh, YES.
I hear that $75.80 is a righteous deal on one of these things. Not to mention that he threw in the car transmittor thingy, about 200 songs I LOVE, and bonus iTunes training. Sweet.
Have I ever mentioned it's good to have family?
And an ipod.

myPod played this for me today and I hope that upon mention of it you will go and download it and make it part of your must-have collection. It's You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon. I hadn't heard it in about 10 years, and I was pleased, even proud, that I remembered over half the words.
There it is - my recommended song of the day. Listen and be blessed.

Thanks for stoppin' by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no pressure over capuccino

This morning, my iPod played this song for me. My iPod has been playing this for me quite frequently. Weird considering it's on 'shuffle'. For some reason, my iPod likes this song. For some reason, I like this song. I have a special affinity for songs that reference Jesus and the Bible written by people who don't profess to be Christians (another great one is Dave Matthews' "A Christmas Song"). It's always interesting to see these figures from a secular point of view. I googled the lyrics this morning, because Alanis is Canadian :-p Some of the most important words were not what I previously thought they were. And now I like it even more. Disclaimer: I don't pretend to understand this song completely (especially the origin of the title), but I really like that it makes me think. Any intuitive comments about the meaning of this song will be rewarded with great awe. Side note: all the "90's" references, I think, are meant to convey &qu

my very second blogger meet-up

I was remiss in posting about my very first blogger meet-up, which was over the Christmas holiday. Somehow, the stars aligned, and my sister & I (who live in Nashville) were able to meet Lisa (who lives in VA) and her family, in Florida. Nothin' like the comforts of common territory when meeting those all-elusive 'internet' friends for the first time. Lisa's dad is also a blogger, and the night before we all met, I happened to see a comment of his on my preacher's blog . Additionally, for the first time that night, I noticed that Lisa has blogrolled a friend of mine from college who I didn't even know had a blog. We can play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon later. I need to get back to my post here... But before I do, I want to say thanks to Lisa & her family for being my very first blogger meet-up! It was fun. But more than that, it brought a sense of satisfaction that this thing we all do called 'blogging' is not just a hobby, or a hope for recognition

local Nashville girl turns 30...

...and the intersection of Murfreesboro Rd. and Thompson Ln. wins "No. 1 site for car accidents in Metro Nashville." Coincidence?? I think not. When something this great happens, everyone wants a piece of the action. Finally, the happiest day of the year has come. After a whole weekend of pre-party celebrating, my big day is here, and bigger than ever. I am thirty today. It's been a long road. I thirty year road. I worked hard to get here. Survived countless potential car accidents, dodged all possible life-threatening illnesses, and legions of unknown potential mortal hazards just to be here today. Not everyone can say that. I'm not even kidding actually. I feel really blessed to have made it this far; witnessing tragedy around me, but never really coming face to face with it. I'm not really sure why I get to lead such a charmed life while the world around seems to be crumbling. All I know is I'm thankful. Details to come on why this is the B-E-S-T birthday